The Fremont Recycling and Transfer Station hosts Alameda County's newest Household Hazardous Waste
Facility. Conveniently located at the transfer station we gladly accept household hazardous waste from
all cities within Alameda County Free of Charge!
Hours of Operation
Our facility is open to the public Wednesday through Friday from 8:30 am until 2:30 pm, and Saturday from 8:00 am until 4:30 pm. (HINT: Our facility is busiest during the first and final hour of operation. Try to avoid these times if possible)
If you are a small business and need to dispose of hazardous waste please call 510-670-6460 for instructions and appointments or visi Alameda County website by clicking here.What we accept?
[ Please note that we can only accept up to 125 pounds or 15 gallons per visit. ]
- Automotive fluids - motor oil, antifreeze, brake fluid, gasoline and diesel fuel
- Paint (Latex and oil based) - all types of latex, spray, and oil based paints, stains, and solvents
- Household cleaners - bleech, window cleaners, carpet and oven cleaning chemicals
- Batteries - automotive, disposable, and rechargable batteries
- Electronic waste - televisions, computers, monitors and peripherals, cell phones, office equipment
- Garden chemicals - herbicides, pesticides, fertilizers
- Pool chemicals - chlorine, algae control, shock, clarifiers
NOTE: We cannot accept ammunition, explosives, fireworks, asbestos, treated wood, radioactive materials, medical waste, or controlled substances.
Have Expired Medications?
You can safely dispose of your outdated or unwanted medications at our facility by simply empting your pills in a plastic baggie or making your liquid prescription labels unreadable. Please keep in mind that we cannot accept controlled substances such as prescription pain medications and other narcotics. If you're not sure if your prescription contains controlled substances you can call your Pharmacist.
Home generated sharps can be dropped off at our facility in an "approved" sharps container.